Working in corporate as a pawn.

Lets just say, even in IT there is pawns, I find myself in this case that I am one of the 2 golden pawns and seems that I have made a promotional deal that seems to be hard to break. When there is 2 opportunities, I applied for them I get interviewed.

What really gets me is the latest rejection, The previous one was also a walk in the park as well but I got denied for someone with lesser skill than I have. That is when I noticed, when I walked in with the interview and the excuse that I didn't get it was my resume was the determining fact which is I find was BS. my resume is good, it has all the key focus and features that any one likes to see. I was interviewed at that time with 3 different people 2 in this case didn't want me to leave my golden pawn status.

So this second interview comes around for the second job I wanted to apply for to move out and away from being this golden pawn, This time I was interviewed by 2, the 1 in question is I had a feeling didn't want me to leave the golden pawn status. The other one as he had to deliver the rejection yesterday didn't understand why I was rejected. This interview I was way more than qualified and thus being I had more to offer to the table than all the techs selected. But I keep forgetting that this is corporate politics and favoritism is back for sure in this round, ass kissing is extremely strong now and lately that it is time for me to find a different role or a different job and lay low as I now need to get out of this department because being a pawn can be a bad thing here. Time to head to the back of the buss till a real opportunity rises up as I see the ones holding me back in my career are not going to let me get where I wanted to jump to as they got me where they wanted me.

Almost like a Michael McGee as he held me against my will attempted to corner me as he took all the money and made me work in the closet as a monkey with a promise of something great. I just cannot allow myself to be such a pawn in a corporate empire.

I came to the conclusion is, I need to do something. I need to change my goals and career path just a tad as I cannot sit here and keep getting into pawn positions. What I do need to do is develop something I can break free from working in the corporate location where I am stuck or feel like I am stuck now in. In many cases I should of stayed where I was at and decline the offer but we will see how things go.  I am happy that I am employed and making some money, I am not happy how things are turning around and it starting to feel like Nazi Germany around and the lack of communication with surprise we are doing this or your in trouble day.

In many cases, I could have started my hustle again and make money solo as I have learned a lot with network marketing while I was in Oregon, making money would be a tad hard especially at first but I strongly believe it would have been better than where I am at now in the corporate ladder.  Well I have shaken the chains, it's time to see what comes down.

Comments